- Measuring wind direction and speed insusceptibly to bird nesting thanks to roofed construction
- Built-in data pre-processing, universal interfaces and selectable output protocols – compatible with OTT-dataloggers, commercially available HydroMet dataloggers and PLS systems
- Maintenance-free operation – no moving parts that can wear out thanks to ultrasonic measuring method; no need for re-calibration
- Suitable for all climate zones; also for solar-powered automatic meteorological stations
- Integrated heater that can be switched on if there is danger of frost – guarantees ice-free operation in extremely low temperatures until -40 °C
- Embedded algorithms that provides the wind speed and direction as actual and averaged values
- Wind gust calculation regarding WMO
The V200A offers extremely precise and maintenance-free measurement of wind velocity and wind direction as well as calculation of acoustic virtual temperature. The ultrasonic wind sensor is designed without mechanical parts as they have been used with traditional "cups and vanes". The digital or analogue output delivers instantaneous, average, minimum or maximum value with flexible measuring rate.
The V200A is heated so that it can still function in critical ambient conditions. Recommended for: meteorology or building automation. The following outputs/protocols are available: NMEA, ASCII, UMB and 4.. 20 mA analog.
Dimensions Ø approx. 150 mm, height approx. 170 mm Weight Approx. 0.8kg Permissible ambient temperature -40...60°C (with heating), -20...60°C (without heating) Supply voltage with heating / without heating 24 VDC, max. 20 VA / 12 V Bus operation Up to 32 devices Operating voltage electronics 24 VDC ±10 % or 24 VDC/1.2 VA without heating 12 VDC Electrical connection 8 pole plug Housing material Plastic Protection type IP66 Pole diameter 50mm / 2" Factory certificate Yes
Data output digital
Interface RS485 semi-/full duplex, isolated Baud rate 1200 ... 57600 Measurement rate instantaneous value 250 ms; 1-10 s Measurement rate avg (arithmetic, vector), Min, Max 1...10 min Status Heating, sensor failure
Data output analogue
Data output analog Only semi-duplex mode Output signal 0...20 mA, 4...20 mA, 0...10V, 2...10V, 2...2,000 frequency (instantaneous, avg, min, max) Load Max. 300 Ohm Resolution 16 bit Maximum operating height 3500m
Principle MEMS capacitive Measuring range 300 ... 1200 hPa Unit hPa Accu