- Measuring wind direction and speed insusceptibly to bird nesting thanks to roofed construction
- Built-in data pre-processing, universal interfaces and selectable output protocols – compatible with OTT-dataloggers, commercially available HydroMet dataloggers and PLS systems
- Maintenance-free operation – no moving parts that can wear out thanks to ultrasonic measuring method; no need for re-calibration
- Suitable for all climate zones; also for solar-powered automatic meteorological stations
- Integrated heater that can be switched on if there is danger of frost – guarantees ice-free operation in extremely low temperatures until -40 °C
- Vibration and seawater resistant – also applicable in coastal regions
- Successfully tested and certified in extreme ambient conditions (temperature, air humidity, electromagnetic compatibility, vibration, salt spray, and icing)
- Embedded algorithms that provide the wind speed and direction as actual and averaged values
- Wind gust calculation regarding WMO
The accurate wind sensor uses the run-time differential method for determining the wind speed and wind direction. It provides output for instantaneous values, vector and scalar means, the maximum gust of wind and wind direction, the maximum/minimum values and the virtual temperature.
Data output through serial or analogue interfaces makes the Lufft Ventus compatible with commercially-available hydrometeorological data loggers and PLC systems. An automatic heater ensures reliable operation even in harsh environmental conditions.
Lufft VENTUS-UMB Ultrasonic Wind Sensor
Dimensions Ø approx. 150 mm, height approx. 170 mm Weight Approx. 1.62 kg Permissible ambient temperature -40...60 °C with heating 24 VDC / 240 VA (140 VA + 100 VA) Bus operation Up to 32 devices Operating voltage electronics 12 - 24 VDC / 1.9 VA, without heating Electrical connection 8 pole plug Housing material Aluminium, seawater - proof Protection type IP68 Pole diameter 50 mm/2" Factory certificate Yes
Data output digital
Interface RS485 semi-/full duplex, isolated Baud rate 1200 - 57600 Measurement rate instantaneous value<